Thursday, January 1, 2009

Preparing for a new year...


A few weeks ago I started thinking about my goals and resolutions. That's not unusual for me at this time of year. I did something a little different and already I'm seeing incredible results.

While thinking about my goals, I find it's best to write them down. Keeping track of that piece of paper is another matter entirely. This year I also listed projects I'd like to complete, personal goals, professional goals, blogging goals.

I listed a lot of goals! :)

When I thought about blogging in 2009, I decided I wanted to be more consistent. In the past I've posted sporadically.

I love helping people get organized, decorate their homes, get rid of clutter, or learn something new. I love being surrounded by a warm, happy, nurturing environment and I know there are many more like me.

One of the ways I learn is by writing things down. I've done research in the past and posted little snippets of information to my blog. This is as much to learn it and remember it and have a reservoir for that information as it is to share it with others.

So I thought about all of that and of what I can share and teach others through my blog.

And I wrote down more lists.

Using blogger's post in the future feature will let me write up tips and articles, pre-program pictures and then forget about it. Thus being more consistent. There's still plenty of on-the-spur-of-the-moment blogging to be done, but there's also plenty that I can write ahead of time and post/schedule.

I've got lots of wonderful things ready to share: product reviews, snippets of wisdom (from other sources/books), wordless Wednesdays, how tos, organizing and decoration tips, books worth reading, worksheets and cheatsheets, and even awesome videos.

If this sounds good to you, go ahead and follow me/add my RSS feed to your feed reader. Or take the RSS address and stick it into rssfwd.com to get an instant, daily or weekly email from my blog.

No comments: