One piece of organizing advice that's always stuck with me is the idea of keeping your sink clean. Why? Because having one area spotless, a central area to your life (and the heart of your home) will make you feel good. It looks good to see a nice empty, clean sink. Especially when everything else is chaotic around you.
This past weekend I started thinking maybe the same could be said for the shower.
Since this is usually your first or second stop of the day, wouldn't it be nice to get into a nice clean, organized shower every morning? And wouldn't it be nice to be able to put your hands on exactly what you need to get clean?
So take 5 minutes today to give your shower a once over. I have a few tips below:
- Start by getting rid of old bottles, old soaps, anything that hasn't been used in a while.
- Toss anything that could be collecting bacteria into the sink or hamper. Bottles, scrubbers, washclothes... it's time to make your shower shine.
- Once your shower is empty, give it a good once over with a sponge and a cleanser.
- If you have serious grime, consider a product you can spray and leave on, and then come back to later.
- Rinse/wipe all the bottles and things as you put them back in the shower.
- Does your shower have a liner? Does it need cleaning? If you have glass doors, shine the outside as well as the inside.