Thursday, March 22, 2007

An organized closet

I've been touring the blogosphere looking for good organizing tips and I came across a post about organizing your closet. I totally agree that it's a necessity. I spent most of last year hardly able to step foot in my closet (no, I don't have any before shots, thank God. It's embarassing enough just admitting it.). So, after the irritation mounted, DH and I cleaned out. Completely reorganized everything. It's going much better. I'll post pics soon.

My number one piece of advice is take everything out of your closet.

Then only put stuff back in that you have worn in the last 6 months to a year. Formal were doesn't count.

Don't wait to lose weight. Chances are, by the time you do the clothes you saved will be out of fashion or you'll be older and should you really be wearing short shorts? :\ And yes, when you drop the weight you do deserve new clothes. Go shopping!

Donate, donate, donate! You'll be amazed how good it feels to bag stuff up and take it to Good Will (or wherever.) We donated about 15 bags of clothes and stuff. Crazy, huh?

No comments: