Sunday, March 25, 2007

Alice's Mashed Potatoes

There are probably a dozen people who make mashed potatoes this way but I stumbled across it yesterday while making lunch for my dh and parents. I washed 5 regular baking potatoes. Peeled four. Then chopped them up into chunks and put them in a big pan with enough water to almost cover them. Then I put in two chunks of butter. A bit of salt and pepper. And a bit of roasted garlic (the kind you get in the jar.), just the tip of a knife full. Boil until fork tender.

Drain the water. Then put in more butter (hey, we're southern!), about half a cup of milk. And a half full of mozzarella cheese. Mash. Add more butter or milk if needed.

These were so yummy. And I just came up with it on the fly. Yum. Yum. Yum.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That sounds really good! I make them in a similar way, although I use sour cream in place of the mozz. cheese.

Thanks for visiting my blog; you should check out Dr. Laura's book. It never hurt anyone to read something they ended up not liking!

Blessings!