Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tassel


As promised, here's a picture of the tassel I made. Since DH and I enjoy a good bottle of wine, I decided to use a cork. This one has a beautiful leaf detail on it. The colors are olive, champagne, and chocolate. One of the ribbons has merlot poka dots.

The long champagne fringe is a remnant from walmart. As is the green fringe. The ribbons are from Michaels. And the top brown fringe is from Joanns. DH had a ball trying to hunt down the perfect thing. He did good, don't you think?

I used a glue gun and a wood candle cup as a base for the fringe. We're really pleased with the way it came out. I have supplies for one or two more. Just need to pick out a good/pretty cork.

So there you have it. One finished project.

Yesterday, we pressure washed the front porch and the north side of the house. After years of water restrictions the poor house was a tinge green. No more water restrictions so up the ladder I went. And now it's all clean. Whoop!

Today's goal: repaint the front porch. And perhaps tidy the tool bench in the basement.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: